Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lit Flicks Kick-Off Meme

Bluestockings posted the first Lit Flicks Kick-Off Meme yesterday, but I wasn't able to post my own response until today:

1. Are you more likely to see a movie if it’s based on a book?
Not really, but I am more likely to read a book once I’ve enjoyed the movie… and vice versa. It just depends on what happens to catch my attention first.

2. Do you prefer to read the book first or see the movie first?
See above, it depends. When I can I do prefer to read first, but sometimes I find watching the movie, especially if it’s a more difficult book to read, helps me understand the book better. A good example - Shakespeare. :)

3. List one movie that was better than the book it’s based on, and one book that is better than the movie.
Hmm… This is tough… The movie Laura (with Dana Andrews, Gene Tierney) was much better than the book. And as for books… The Woman In White was definitely better than the movie I saw.

4. In your opinion, what film is the most accurate representation of the book?Hmm… Another toughie, probably Wives and Daughters (1999) or Pride and Prejudice (1995) both were very well adapted. Variations from the books were very minor if any. In both cases it was like reading the book while watching the movie they were THAT close.

No comments: