Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Classics Challenge Wrap-Up

I'm happy to announce I have completed the last book challenge I signed up for this year!

As you my recall I finished another challenge earlier this month, the LitFlicks Challenge. You can read more about this challenge by clicking on the aforementioned link or by using the "LitFlicks" label on the right-hand sidebar of this blog.

The latest challenge I completed was the Classics Challenge 2008, which required me to read one classic each month starting in July and ending in December. I read a few more than six classics over the last six months, but I only chose one from each month to include in my entries for the challenge. To find out more about this challenge or to read my reviews click here: Classics Challenge or by use the "Classics Challenge" label on the right-hand side bar of this blog.

Completed classics include:

July: Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
August: Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
September: Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
October: Rip Van Winkle And Other Stories by Washington Irving
November: Bleak House by Charles Dickens
December: Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

It has been a lot of fun to participate in these two book challenges. Both not only motivated my reading, but also linked me with other readers and bloggers.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Congrats! Those are some great accomplishments. Kudoes to you!