It's time for the December Nighstand posting...
I haven't made much progress from the list I posted in November, two of the books I mentioned at the end of November are still on my nightstand at the end of December. However, there are a few additions and hopefully January and 2009 will be different.
From top to bottom:
* Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne (This was on my November Nightstand list, but I didn't actually start reading it until about a week ago after my trip to Chicago.)
* Mrs. 'Arris Goes to New York by Paul Gallico (The sequel to Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris, which I reviewed in September, click on the title to view my review.)
* The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (This was on my LitFlicks list to read, I attempted it once years ago, might try it again in January. I'm no Steinbeck fan, but I think I need to read this one.)
* The Secret Life of Bees Sue Monk Kidd (I heard about the movie adaptation of this book and was curious. So far the book has started off rather depressing, we'll see if it improves.)
* Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature by Linda Lear (This was on my November Nightstand and I've not made much progress during the month of December, but I really am interested and determined to finish it.)
To the left in the picture you'll see three books -- the bottom is my personal journal, next up is my "Book of Books" where I record all the books I've read, quotes, notes for reviews, etc., and last is a beautiful wine colored date book, which I've been using to keep my life sorted out amidst all the craziness. I love it!
What's on your nightstand? Leave a comment with your list, or a link to your post. To view other blogger's posts head over to 5 Minutes for Books.