Thursday, March 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Movie Potential

The question of the week at Booking Through Thursday is: What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers? Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?

Immediately I can think of two books that would make great movies if handled properly by screen writers, producers, and directors:

1. The Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace (Ok, so more than one book... but if a Kevin Sullivan type producer were to turn the series into a mini-series like Sullivan did with the first two movies based on the Anne of Green Gables series, it could be great!)

2. The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne (I recently saw Confessions of a Shopaholic and I think this book could make for a great chic-film/romantic-comedy like CoaS did.)

And in saying this I realize that there's not likely to be a Betsy-Tacy movie, but I still think there's a chance for The Little Lady Agency. We'll see.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I hadn't heard of THe Little Lady Agency. Me thinks I should check it out!

Sarah M. said...

Carrie, you may/may not want to read my review before you pick up a copy of TLLA because it may/may not be a book you'll enjoy. :)

Alyce said...

How bad is it to admit that I remember reading your review, but that part of my brain has decided to take a vacation? I think I'm going to have to go read your review of the Betsy-Tacy books again! :)

Noël De Vries said...

Oooo, I love that question. I could come up with a hundred answers. Only, as you said, IF HANDLED PROPERLY. Otherwise, keep off, Hollywood! :)

The Blue Castle, by LM Montgomery
The Enchanted Castle, by E. Nesbit
The Mennyms, by Sylvia Waugh

As it happens, my cousins and I are filming The Mennyms next summer. Looking forward to great fun!! (and if you haven't read it, read it!)