Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Winter Book Swap Results

I realized this morning that I never posted about the books I received through the Winter Books Swap Carrie at Reading to Know hosted in February as part of our quarterly Book Swap schedule.

I was matched with Crystal from Alberta, Canada. I sent Crystal a copy of my favorite childhood book, Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business by Esphyr Slobodkina.

In exchange Crystal was so kind as to send me two books for my 20 month-old daughter.

The first is ABC of Canada by Kim Bellefontaine with beautiful illustrations by Per-Henrik Gurth and is ideal for the toddler age and already we're enjoying it together.









The second is Stellaluna by Janell Cannon and is a Reading Rainbow Feature and Review Book as well as an award winner and bestseller from several other groups and publishers. Stellaluna is a little longer than most books toddlers will sit for, so I'm looking forward to sharing this with my daughter in another few months or a year.

Both books are beautiful and will be treasured by our family. Thank you Crystal!

As a side note, I've had a lot of fun with the book swaps and look forward to the Spring Book Swap which will occur in May, so check back for more news about that in a few months.

No comments: