Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Teasers

"Aunt Kate doesn't believe in reading novels, but informs me that she does not propose to censor my reading-matter. Aunt Chatty loves novels. She has a 'hidy-hole' where she keeps them...she smuggles them in from the town library...together with a pack of cards for solitaire and anything else she doesn't want Aunt Kate to see. It is in a chair seat that nobody but Aunt Chatty knows is more than a chair seat. She has shared the secret with me, because, I strongly suspect, she wants me to aid and abet her in the aforesaid smuggling. There shouldn't really be any need for hidy-holes at Windy Poplars, for I never saw a house with so many mysterious cupboards."

~ Anne of Windy Poplars by L. M. Montgomery, The First Year, Chapter 2, page 20.

6 comments:

Erika Powell said...

this is a really great teaser. i really want to know why the books have to be hidden, i couldn't live like that.

My Teaser

Heather VanTimmeren said...

I'm reading Anne of Green Gables out loud to my 5-year-old daughter. I know I'm going to want to continue the series myself when we finish it. Thanks for the teaser to strenthen that plan!

Nicole said...

I've been planing on reading the Anne books for a while now... maybe now is a good time to start :)

serendipity_viv said...

I have only ever read Anne of Green Gables but I hope to read the set this year as it is one of my favourite films.

Kerrie said...

Please check my blog for an award for you Sarah
http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.com/2009/04/lovely-blog-award.html

Alyce said...

I totally didn't guess that was an Anne book until the end of the quote. I haven't read these in a long time.