Monday, October 5, 2009

New Release: Return to the Hundred Acre Wood

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood
by David Benedictus
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile/Penguin Group
Released: October 5, 2009
Pages: 160

Think you've read all there is about Winnie-The-Pooh, Christopher Robin, and the rest of the gang from the Hundred Acre Woods?

For the last 80+ years the answer to that question would be a resounding, yes. But after today that answer is no longer true. Publishers Penguin Group have released a new addition to the Winnie-The-Pooh series titled, Return To the 100 Acre Woods by David Benedictus

Of course Winnie-The-Pooh purists may object to this book as it isn't by A. A. Milne, still many critics are already claiming it is equally as good and a delight to read.

Curious to find out more? Check out this link to Penguin Group, or the write-up in the NY Times, or click on the picture of the book to view it on Amazon.

I still have to finish reading The House at Pooh Corner, but I am seriously tempted to check out this book when it arrives at my local library. What about you? If you've found a copy please be sure to come back and leave a comment after you've read it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

I'm of two minds about these kinds of books- classics dug up, written by new authors and branded like a franchise. The Madeline books written by Bemelmans's son always strike me as opportunism in book form. This does too. It looks cute but I don't know.

Rebecca Reid said...

I'm so sad to hear that Milne's trustees okayed this. Just so sad. It's like messing with near perfection, and I don't want anyone to go there.

That said, I may have to read it. I'm just so curious. As long as Winnie-the-pooh isn't going to the dentist or to school or anything, as long as Christopher Robin isn't a girl or anything, it can't be any worse than what Disney has done!!