Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's On My Nighstand: November

I am happy to report I almost have a fresh list this month's What's On My Nightstand post! I was able to finish three of the five books I listed in my What's On My Nightstand: October post and I hope to have the last two finished before the month's end.

Because there is still a week left in the month I have decided to divide this month's post in two. The first half will be the list of books that currently sit on my nightstand and which I expect to finish before the month's end. The second half will be the list of books on my nightstand that I plan to read in December, hopefully before the next nightstand post. (Sorry no pictures this month, things are busy, so I'll wait to post pictures when I post each book's review.)

November Reads:
Cards On the Table by Agatha Christie
The Black Print by Malik Green

December Reads:
The Rackety-Packety House by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Little Minister by J. M. Barrie
Journey To Bethlehem by Delos W. Lovelace
Dumb Witness by Agatha Christie
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (expected to carry over to January)

Perhaps my December list is a little on the ambitious side... December is, after all, one of the busiest months of the year! It is very likely I won't finish half the books I've listed, but I'm listing them just the same. I am excited to see what I do read and I hope you'll check back often in the coming weeks to read my reviews and other end of the year posts. (I can't believe it's nearly the end of another year!)

What about you? What are you planning to read in December? Leave a comment and let me know (a list or a link to your blog is fine). And if you are curious to know what others are reading check out 5MinutesForBooks' What's On Your Nightstand for November.

Happy reading!

5 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Yeah, I think I always predict that we'll have lots of family at home time in December, so I'll have *plenty* of time for reading.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

:)

Happy holidays and happy reading!

Nise' said...

I am going to check out Dumb Witness, not sure I read that one. Hope you get lots of reading time in December.

Carrie said...

I'm curious to find out what Journey To Bethlehem by Delos W. Lovelace is about. I'm assuming there is no relation to the other Lovelace that you are so fond of.

And yeah - who knows about December but congrats on all your accomplished the last month!

Sarah M. said...

Carrie, it IS a related Lovelace, it's Maud Hart Lovelace's husband. :) It's a Christmas story... so yeah, I'll let you know. :)

DebD said...

I like the looks of your list--especially because I recognize a couple of author's but not those particular books. I participated in 5Minforbooks so I won't copy it here.

Happy Reading and Happy Thanksgiving.