Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Finds

This week's Friday Finds is autobiographical in nature. While browsing through the post-holiday clearance sales table at B&N I came upon John James Audubon: The Making of An American by Richard Rhodes.

Years ago I studied Audubon while I was in high school and though time and life has blotted most of the details from my mind, I do recall finding the subject very interesting. I don't know much about Rhodes as an author, but the little information I have found (and the numerous five star ratings of this book on Amazon) leads me to believe that John James Audubon: The Making of An American will be a worthwhile and interesting read. While it's not amongst my immediate TBR reading stack, it will be before the end of the year.

What new books have you stumbled upon in your book shop and library browsing?

3 comments:

Brittanie said...

Hi Sarah
Do you know when the next Maud Hart Lovelace reading challenge will be?

Sarah M. said...

Brittanie, I was planning on October 2010 to coincide with Betsy-Tacy Day, but I have started considering maybe Summer 2010 just because people generally have more time to read then... Not sure yet. Thoughts?

Brittanie said...

I am not sure when. I don't want to finish the last six books in the Betsy Tacy series and not have anything to read for it. :)