Friday, January 22, 2010

Kids Pick(s) of the Week

Because of the week I've had my husband has actually done more of the reading to our daughter than I, thus I have not finished reading the large stack of library books we brought home on Tuesday, but I have found a few favorites in the little I've been able to read.

Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin by Tad Hills is currently my daughter's favorite. I've come into the room while she is "reading" and hear her read aloud this book several times. I wanted to capture it on video, but of course she stopped reading when I came into the room. Better luck next time.



Penguins by Liz Pichon is another of her favorites. She loves the pictures of the penguins and finds the story very funny. I have found it to be a cute interactive story book with a different type of
story plot. Look for this one at your library.





A Very Curious Bear by Tony Mitton is another cute read. This one is about a bear who asks lots of questions and the clever answers that his daddy bear gives him. I loved this one for it simplicity and yet uniqueness. This story will ring familiar of any parent to a toddler or preschooler. I especially like the ending lines: "But what am I meant for and why am I here? To live and to wonder, my darling, my dear."




Robert's Snow bvy Grace Lin might be considered a holiday book because of the appearance of Father Christmas, but I enjoyed it for its beautiful pictures and the fact that snow is a big part of the story plot. This was a fun read for my daughter who's currently fascinated with snow.


Curious George's Big Book of Curiosity is a great book to introduce children and fans of Curious George to all sorts of concepts. There's colors, shapes, parts of the body, your neighborhood, your family, just to name a few. This is a very fun book to look through with your child or for them to explore on their own.



And of course I loved both Paddington Bear All Day and Paddington Bear Goes to Market by Michael Bond. These picture books are inspired by the Paddington Bear series, which I love. This is a fun introduction for little children to the brown bear from the UK. I look forward to sharing the longer stories with my daughter when she's a little older. Meanwhile, my daughter loves Paddington because he's a bear and she loves bears, isn't that reason enough?

Last weekend I didn't get a chance to post our favorites (from the previous Monday's library trip), but they included: Corduroy Goes to the Beach by B. G. Hennessy (inspired by Don Freeman), Carry Me! by Rosemary Wells, and Pigs Loves Potatoes by Anika Denise (illustrated by Christopher Denise) to name a few.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I enjoyed reading about your favorites! Duck and Goose are favorites in my house as well! I'll have to look for the penguin book, too. Thanks!