Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Children's Book Finds

It's been a long while since I posted about children's books. Every week I take my daughter to the library to select new books for us to read together. Most weeks we also make it for story time. She loves books and now spends time reading to her dolls and stuffed animals. Over the last few months we have had some good reads, but nothing that has really stood out to me enough to write a special post.

But then this last week we read three books that she just loved and I thought they were post-worthy. If you have a young bookworm in your home check these out:

Sally and the Purple Socks by Lisze Bechtold. A cute, but silly story about a duck who buys a pair of purple socks only to have them grow and grow and grow.








Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? by Karen Beaumont. A sing-song type read with wild animals who try to solve the mystery of the missing cookie dough. The end is a cute surprise and always gets a giggle out of the child if read just right.








No More Diapers for Ducky by Bernette Ford and Sam Williams. We're working on the whole potty-training adventure. My daughter especially found this book entertaining. I'm just waiting for the day when she tells me "Not now, I'm on the potty!" Cute book for those who feel their world revolves around diapers and a potty. (And no worries for those who might, none of the actual body workings are mentioned in this story.)


Happy reading!

1 comment:

Alison said...

We tried to find these books at the library, but they were not on the shelf. We did, however, try one of the authors and she was a huge hit (the ducky author). I had to read Duck, Duck Goose (A Moose is on the Loose!) multiple times. ;)