Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's On My Nightstand: June 2010

I was shocked when I realized today was the day to post June's "What's On Your Nightstand" list. I can hardly believe it is the end of June even though I was just saying to a friend that the 4th of July is less than two weeks away. How quickly the spring has come and gone and we are now into summer!

I am happy to report I read three out of the four books on my May Nightstand list. Sadly, The House at Riverton still lies unread, though not from lack of interest, but simply because other reads had to come first... and also because I gave up on listening to it via audio book. I've added it once more to my Nightstand list, this time as the actual book and hope to finish it before I post in July what is on my nightstand to be read.

Here's a snapshot of what I am currently (or soon will be) reading:



* Cold Comfor Farm by Stella Gibbons
* The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
* The Classic Hundred Poems: All Time Favorites edited by William Harmon
* One, Two, Buckle My Shoe (a.k.a. The Patriotic Murders) by Agatha Christie

If, after reading these four books I have time (or should something else urgently strike my fancy) I may have other books to review in the coming weeks; we shall see. That is, after all, part of the fun of reading for leisure -- to read what you like when you like.

What about you? What are you reading this month? Head on over to 5MinutesforBooks and link up your own What's On Your Nightstand post or check out what everyone else is reading.

Happy reading!

4 comments:

morninglight mama said...

It can be such a challenge balancing the read-for-reviews and the read-for-pleasure books!! At the end of it all, though, I'm just happy to be reading.

Thanks for sharing your nightstand. :)

Carrie said...

Yeah, I know - I hear you. I couldn't believe it was time for Nightstand either. Aaah!

Cold Comfort Farm has an interesting cover. I'll be watching for your review of that one!

bekahcubed said...

"That is, after all, part of the fun of reading for leisure -- to read what you like when you like."

I absolutely agree. The only problem is that there's so much I'd like to read--and so much else that has to be done when I'd like to be reading!

I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on Cold Comfort Farm as well.

Marie Cloutier said...

I really want to read COLD COMFORT FARM someday. I love the Roz Chast cover- so cute.