Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Read It! -- August

It's the first Tuesday of the month... of August (Where has the summer gone?) Each month on the first Tuesday 5MinutesforBooks hosts an I Read It! carnival where readers (and bloggers) can link up posts for books they read thanks to the high recommendations of a friend, family member, or another blogger. I've participated in this carnival once or twice before, but realized that I haven't highlighted on my blog.

What I like about I Read It! -- It's not only a great place to spread the word about your blog and your reviews, but it is also an equally great place to find out about other blogs and other books you might want to add to your reading stack. In some ways it reminds me of Semicolon's weekly Saturday Review excepting that this one is strictly for the books you've read as a result of another reader's recommendation.

So have you read something lately that your friend told you was a must? Or maybe you discovered a great read thanks to a blog you visit. Write up a post and head on over to 5MinutesforBooks. Oh and while you're at it, if you haven't already be sure to check out my linked review for Summer At Tiffany by Marjorie Hart. Great read and one I highly recommend.

1 comment:

Marie Cloutier said...

I'm reading a book another blogger recommended, THE DOOR, by Magda Szabo. It's great!