Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What's On My Nighstand: November

Grr, I can't believe I missed the monthly What's On Your Nightstand posting at 5 Minutes For Books last Tuesday! I thought it was today. But I suppose I'll consider this a better-late-than-never post.

I had great hopes for my November reading and expectations that I'd have time to just relax in my reading during the month of December, but as the year winds down my day-job has sped up and I'm finding little time to read and even less time to blog. Because of this I am changing my expectations for the upcoming weeks and focusing on the books sitting on my nightstand from November. If I have time to read something more, great! If not, I'll just wait until January.

Currently on my nightstand:


I've always been interested in American history and politics. I love reading and learning about presidents, so I was very curious about Decision Points by President George W. Bush. I'm excited to finally have it on my nightstand and dig in. The other book on my nightstand is from a completely different genre, Scottish-English fiction. Mrs. Tim Flies Home is the last in the Mrs. Tim series. I'm sad to see an end to the witty and charming tales of Hester Christie, but at the same time I am excited to have one more chance to enter her world.

Waiting to be added to my nightstand:



I read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne in 2008, but as it has been a couple years and this book was selected by my book club to read for January I am hoping to find time to re-read the book and refresh my memory. At the same time I am very excited to read another Agatha Christie novel that I've never seen before. I love finding new-t0-me stories. I know nothing about Towards Zero so that makes the read all the more exciting.

I doubt I'll have time to read anything else in December, but you never know. So stand by as I post my reviews for the books I read in November and I'll let you know if I stumble upon any other exciting reads in the coming weeks.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, *I* didn't do it at all! (For the first time ever.) And it felt awfully weird!

I hope you'll share your thoughts on Decision Points. I'm really curious about it!

Jennifer said...

I am also curious about Decision Points. I caught the NBC interview with George W. Bush, and it was really interesting.

And I have been wanting to read The Scarlet Letter too! I don't know when I'll get around to it, but it's on my imaginary list.