Monday, September 8, 2008

Blogging Meme

Carrie over at Reading to Know tagged me in the following meme.

Here are the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. link back to the person who tagged you.
3. link back to this parent post.
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all.
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them.

So, from 1 to 5 in no particular order:

1. Blogging has given me a new outlet for my need to write.

2. On the flip side, I have done little to no journaling since I started blogging and I spend little time writing stories. The former has been replaced by my personal blog and the latter while on the back burner, I do hope to find more time for it in the future.

3. Another positive of blogging is that it has encouraged me to read more books, especially ones that I want to share with others. My "To Read" list is ever growing and by keeping this book blog I am forcing myself to find time to read every day, even if it's only for a couple minutes before bed.

4. On the flip side, it has also made me feel more anxious when I am unable to finish the book within a few days. I want to keep readers coming back to my blog and if I take too long to finish a book they might lose interest! (Gasp!)

5. Blogging has introduced me to really interesting and fun people and reunited me with people I've been acquainted with for some time, but haven't talked to much. Books and blogging are a great way to connect with other people.

I tag: Sarah at Industrious Fern, Jessica at The Bluestocking Society, Danielle at Dance By The Light, Sara at Keeping Up, and Veronica at Musings.

1 comment:

Sheri S. said...

Hi Sarah, I just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you for a meme on my blog so feel free to check it out and respond on your blog if you want.

Thanks for your enjoyable blog!

Sheri
http://bookopolis.blogspot.com