Sunday, December 14, 2008

And the winner is...

"Elizabeth, having rather expected to affront him, was amazed at his gallantry; but there was a mixture of sweetness and archness in her manner which made it difficult for her to affront anybody; and Darcy had never been so bewitched by any woman as he was by her. He really believed, that were it not for the inferiority of her connections, he should be in some danger..." (Chapter 10, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

The drawing for the paperback copy of Pride and Prejudice was unusual, we only had two participants, so they had a 50/50 chance of winning... In the end the auto-generator drew MaryBeth as the winner. Congratulations! And thanks to both MaryBeth and Ashley for playing. (MaryBeth, please leave a comment with your email address so I can contact you about where to mail the book.)

Yes, I did make a trip to the "windy city" last week and that was a picture of Mrs. O'Leary and her cow. Which gets me thinking... I'd be curious to read a novel based on this legend. Does anyone know of one?

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Yay! I love winning things and books are that much nicer:) My email is marybeth494(at)gmail(dot)com. Thank you so much - I don't own Pride & Prejudice and embarrassed to say I've never read it either. With so many people picking Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy as their favorite literary couple, I want to see what all the hype's about:)