Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lit Flicks Challenge Completed!

I did it! I completed the Lit Flicks Challenge.

Eearlier this fall I signed up to participate in The Bluestockings Society's Lit Flicks Challenge. The goal of this challenge iwas for participants to pick five books that have been adapted to film, read the books, and then watch at least two of the movie adaptations.

As I mentioned in my intial post it was really hard to choose only five. In the end I picked a couple books because they were already on my "To Be Read" list, a couple simply from curiosity, and a couple because they fit into another challenge that I'd taken on.

My initial list, which I stated was subject to change included: 1. Bleak House by Charles Dickens, 2. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, 3. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, 4. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, and 5. The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White.

In the end my list of completed books/movies was slightly different and included the following (you can click on the links to view my reviews):
1. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (book & movie)
2. Marley & Me by John Grogan (book, movie to be seen when available)
3. Bleak House by Charles Dickens (book, movie seen a year ago)
4. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (book & movie)
5. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White (book & 2006 movie)

I still plan to read the books included in my first list that didn't make it to my final list, but it may be a few months and not part of this challenge.

Thanks to Jessica at The Bluestocking Society for hosting the challenge. It was a fun idea and I'm glad I participated. If you haven't joined the fun, there's still time, the contest doesn't end until February 2009.

No comments: