Thursday, December 18, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Generosity

This week's question posted at Booking Through Thursday is actually four separate, but connected questions: Do you give books as gifts? To everyone? Or only to select people? How do you feel about receiving books as gifts?

1. Yes, I give books as gifts.

2. No, not to everyone... only a select people. I realize that some friends and family do not like to read -- they'll read a magazine, but never make the time to read books. Then there are those friends and family members who do enjoy reading and make time for it. I love to give books as gifts to these people. On average the people who receive books as gifts from me include my husband, my daughter, my nieces (I have no nephews), and some of my closest friends who are book lovers like me. Oh yeah... and I have given a way books through this blog... and plan to give away more, so subscribe and keep reading... you never know when I'll post another give-away!

3. I love receiving books as a gift... unless of course it's a book I don't like... then I appreciate the gesture, but wish the book was something else, but this doesn't happen very often.

What about you?

No comments: