Do you have a book that you love and just can't help telling all your friends about... even those who aren't that into books? What if you were to find someone with an equal interest in books that you could swap your favorite book for their favorite book? Now's your chance!
As some of you may remember last fall I hosted a bookswap with Carrie at Reading to Know. After the success of our first book swap we decided to hold one each quarter/season and take turns hosting. This next swap, the Winter Book Swap, is Carrie's turn, so while I'm posting an introductory post about the swap all the action for this swap will take place over at her blog.
The goal of the swap? To share much loved books with new found friends. During the last swap we invited participants to share an all-time favorite book with their swap-mate. For our Winter Swap we are focusing on children's books. Perhaps you have children or grandchildren of your own, or maybe you don't have kids, but love children's stories or maybe you collect them for future use in your own family or your classroom. No matter the reason we invite you to join in and share your children's book of choice.
1. You only sign up to participate if you are actually willing to follow the rules.
2. Once you sign up you will be matched with another participant. You will take your favorite children's book of choice and mail it to your match and they will do likewise.
3. Books should be in Excellent, Like New, or New condition unless you and your match agree to another condition. **Please note** We are not expecting you to give away your only copy, but to pick your book to swap and then go get a new copy (or if out of print, a copy in good or like new condition) and send that to your match.
4. Book swaps are permanent unless you and your match agree to another arrangement.
5. You must have your book shipped to your match before the end of February.
6. Only the first 50 participants will be included in the swap. If this swap is successful we may increase the number for future swaps.
How to join in? Come back on the first of February and link your blog up to the Mr. Linky we will be providing. Sign up will remain open for 1 week or until the first 50 participants are signed up, whichever comes first. So spread the word and be sure to check back at Reading to Know on February 1.
In the meantime, spread the word! We have a new updated button and we invite you to copy this button and put it in your side bar. Click here to get the code for our button.
If you have questions, please leave a comment and either Carrie or I will get back to you as soon as possible.