Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Finds...

This week's Friday Finds are actually not new. I took a trip back to my hometown earlier this week and while there I went hunting in the attic for a box of books from my childhood. I was ecstatic to find the box and in it not only the books I remembered owning (the Betsy series by Maud Hart Lovelace), but several other books I'd long since forgotten (Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm).

For fun, I've decided to start re-reading the Betsy series, so stay tuned for reviews as I work my way through the series.

Also while digging through boxes I discovered my reading lists from 1994-1996. There were books on that list that I don't even remember reading! Books like Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott and Pollyana by Eleanor Porter.

Although I haven't had any time to read for over a week and my trip wasn't a relaxing vacation by any sense of the word, I did enjoy the break from reading and now I'm ready to dive back in and start posting my thoughts. Watch for reviews starting early next week.

3 comments:

ibeeeg said...

Book finds are always fun! It looks like you scored. That is one of the reasons why I like libraries so much... I can leave with a stack of books and not paid one cent (well, not in taxes anyways). It is fun. Hope you enjoy reading your new finds. :)

Alyce said...

I wish I would have kept reading lists when I was growing up (or even as a grown up). I just started writing down what I read about a year and a half ago.

Kristi said...

I loved the Betsy series!! I am so jealous that you own them. They are the only "series" of books that I remember reading as a child. Now there are a ton of series available!