Monday, May 4, 2009

Eight is Enough Meme

This isn't really book related, but it is another fun meme that I found over at Alyce's blog At Home With Books a week or so back. I thought you all might enjoy learning a little bit more about me, so here we go:

8 Things That I'm Looking Forward to:
1. Sunshine. The 10 day forecast has been rain, rain, rain... I think we're coming up on sunshine in about 7 days.
2. Having time to read either once work is done and while my daughter naps, or later this evening.
3. A vacation at the beach this summer. Lots of swimming, sunshine and relaxing... oh and reading!
4. Every evening when my husband gets home from work and we get some down time.
5. Finishing the remodeling projects in our current home.
6. My birthday... 26 days away.
7. Being around and sharing my daughter's life, watching her grow up.
8. Celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary with my husband on some romantic get-away not within driving distance. (Not for another 3 years)

8 Things that I did Yesterday:
1. Finished reading a book.
2. Ate homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
3. Went to church.
4. Watched an episode of The Gilmore Girls.
5. Played "Tea" and with play dough with my daughter.
6. Stayed up way too late.
7. Planned meals for the week.
8. Read blogs.

8 Things That I wish I could Do:
1. Have more time to read.
2. Quit my job.
3. See my own books published.
4. Travel to England.
5. Teleport myself anywhere I wanted, avoiding long hours of travel.
6. Speak fluently in a foreign language (1 year of Spanish doesn't count).
7. Draw or paint really well.
8. Fly in a hot air balloon.

8 Television Programs That I Watch:
1. LOST
2. The Office
3. The Gilmore Girls (on DVD)
4. Masterpiece Classics (on PBS)
5. Masterpiece Mystery (on PBS)
6. Curious George (with my daughter)
7. Good Eats (Food Network - when it's a new episode or one I haven't seen)
8. Planet Earth (Discover HD - when it airs)

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you would like to participate in the meme please leave a link to your post. I would love to read your responses.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

I love The Gilmore Girls and Good Eats too!