It's official, the third book swap, co-hosted by Carrie at Reading to Know and myself here at A Library is a Hospital for the Mind, has come to a close. Our theme this time around was Non-fiction books and I am excited to report that we have 10 readers participating. As always, I can't wait to see what books will be swapped!
For those who signed up please see below for instructions on what to do next. For anyone who missed out... Don't worry, we'll be hosting a Summer Book Swap in the late summer over at Reading to Know, so please check back in a couple months and sign up then. (Note: the theme will be different. i.e. Autumn 2008 was all-time favorite book, Winter 2009 was favorite children's book, etc.)
1. Using an random sequence generator I put in each participants number (as associated with their name on the sign-up) and drew out the following matches:
* S. Mehrens at Library Hospital has been matched with Ronnica at Ignorant Historian
* Laura at Lines in Pleasant Places has been matched with Amy at Hope Is the Word
* Katharine at Woollywotnots has been matched with Veronika at True Harbor
* Page Turner at Lines From the Page has been matched with Carrie at Reading to Know
* Madonna at My Own Little Acre of the Internet has been matched with Deanna at Mom - Musings
Don't be worried if you match may already have your chosen book or vice versa, don't worry, just have a second or third choice as a back-up in case that happens. (If it does, please let me know so I can update the final swap list.) Hopefully it won't! When everyone has settled on what books they will swap I will take the final list and post it here.
In the meantime, please remember the following rules:
* Books should be in Excellent, Like New, or New condition unless you and your match agree to another condition. **Please note** We are not expecting you to give away your only copy, but to pick your book to swap and then go get a new copy (or if out of print, a copy in good or like new condition) and send that to your match.
* Book swaps are permanent unless you and your match agree to another arrangement.
* You must have your book shipped to your match on or before Saturday, June 20th!
** Please note. My apologies as I neglected to mark this swap as available to US residents only, so there is a possibility that some participants are from outside the USA (i.e. Canada and the UK). If a participant is matched with someone from another country and does not wish to pay the extra shipping please let me know as soon as possible as we might be able to make a switch.
* Last, be sure to blog about the book you received from the swap. Then, come back on Wednesday, July 1st and I will post a Mr. Linky for you to come link up your reviews of the book you swapped so that everyone can see what was shared.
As Carrie said in February... Let the swapping commence! Have fun as you expand your libraries and your reading!