Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What's On My Nightstand: December

I am a little behind the times with this post. I forgot that last week was the fourth Tuesday in December, which is the day that 5MinutesforBooks always posts their monthly What's On Your Nightstand multi-blog participation post so I didn't get a pre-scheduled post written. Nevertheless, I am planning to post it today because I cannot skip this recap! Thus "better late than never" becomes my motto.

To date (12/28) I have finished reading six books during the month of December, with the possibility of a seventh before the month (and likewise the year) is finished. The six included: Cards On the Table and Dumb Witness both by Agatha Christie, The Rackety-Packety House and A Little Princess both by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn both by Stephenie Meyer, The Black Print by Malik Green, and Journey to Bethlehem by Delos W. Lovelace.

Of those six books five were on my What's On My Nightstand: November list leaving only two unread and carried over to my January readings. Speaking of which, what's up next?

In January I plan to read:
* The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (due by January 20 for my book club meeting)

And then if I still have time:
* Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie
* The Little Minister by J. M. Barrie
* And then something by L. M. Montgomery, not yet sure which book, for Carrie's (Reading To Know) second annual Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge.

That's it for me in January unless I read faster than I anticipate. What about you? What will you be reading? Leave me a comment with your list or a link to your own Nightstand post.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

=) I'm glad you are in on the challenge.

And yes, better late than never is a good enough motto.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year also!

Marie Cloutier said...

I have THE NIGHT COUNTER on my nightstand. I'm enjoying it! Good luck with the Dostoevsky.