It's a new year and that means a fresh start. After a few months of reflection I've decided to change up the way I post on this blog.
In 2009 I had the goal to post every day, which at least two or three of those days being dedicated to a book review. Unfortunately it didn't take very long before I realized this was not going to happen. Between working 30 hours a week from home, being mom to a toddler, and wife and homemaker there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to not only read, but write several reviews in a week's time.
And so, in 2010 I am giving myself the following goals/schedule, which of course may be subject to change as life requires.
* For starters, I am not setting any reading goals. I read 101 books in 2009 and if I happen to read as many or more in 2010, then great, but I think it will be unlikely considering all of life's demands.
* I will be posting only one book review a week. It will generally be posted on Wednesday or Thursday, though this may be subject to change and as time and reading allows I may post more reviews.
* On Monday's I plan to post a run down of what I am reading and what children's books I've picked up at the library to read to my daughter.
* On Tuesday's I plan to post Tuesday Teasers and on the 4th Tuesday of the month I will post the monthly What's On My Nightstand post.
* On the occasional Friday I will post Friday Finds where I will highlight a new (or new to me) book that I have discovered.
* On either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday I will highlight the "best read" of the week from the children's books I have read to my daughter.
And of course whenever I feel like it I will share memes and other fun posts. If I stick to this schedule I will still be posting four or five times a week, but it should give me a little more flexibility and freedom, which is what I desperately need.
I hope you'll stick with me as I love to hear your thoughts about the books I'm reading as well as the ones you've read.