Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's On My Nightstand: February 2010

I have mixed feelings as we come to the end of yet another month. I feel both excited and discouraged as I look at the stack of delicious reads I have waiting on my nightstand. Excited because of the obvious reason -- I love reading, I love new books they're each like a new adventure or friend waiting to be met. I also feel discouraged because I no longer have much time for reading (or blogging).

Since the beginning of the year my at-home part-time job has picked up and I've been putting in 10-20 hours more than normal each week. By the end of the day when all my work (job and house) is done and I've spent some time with my husband and daughter there is usually only 30 minutes or so to pick up a book. As a result I only finished three books during the month of February (this is seven short of the total read in February 2009). I do hope that after mid April things will quiet down, but in the meantime thank you for sticking with me through these busy months when my reading is limited and my blogging even more so.

That said, here is a list of all that is sitting on my nightstand:

Current Reads:

* Mrs. Tim of the Regiment by D. E. Stevenson

* Emma by Jane Austen

Upcoming Reads:
* An Appointment With Death by Agatha Christie
* Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie
* The Spinster Book by Myrtle Reed
* Flawless: Inside the Largest Diamond Heist In History by Scott Andrew Selby & Greg Campbell
* The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
* My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House by Lillian Rogers Parks

-------------
I know, quite a list! We'll see where I am by the end of March, hopefully I've made some sort of dent into that list. What about you? What are you reading? Leave a comment or head over to 5MinutesForBooks and post your list.
-------------
Related Links:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a rough year reading last year. Like you, I would find myself with only 30 minutes, and it was so frustrating! I hope you will find the time and that things will slow down for you. Enjoy your list. It looks great!

Carrie said...

I'll definitely stick around!

Nise' said...

The Spinster Book by Myrtle Reed sounds very interesting.

Alyce said...

I think we all have times like that where there just doesn't seem to be any time to read. Lately it seems like I've had to choose between family time and time visiting blogs, so I haven't been able to visit blogs as often as I'd like to, but family comes first.

I hope you can find some more time to read though, just for your own enjoyment's sake.