Thursday, March 4, 2010

Finding A Place to Rest

When all around me life presses in and the days blur past I often find myself begging for a rest. When life is this way I can usually only capture a few minutes here and there, but I love the escape, the tranquility, the rest that comes when all is quiet. When I am alone and can close my eyes and picture my favorite places or memories of the happiest moments in my life.

I also love the escape, the tranquility, the rest that can be found in a good read. A library (my library) is indeed a hospital for the mind (my mind).

What about you? What photographs or paintings giving you a feeling of tranquility? What captures a favorite place or memory? What book is your greatest escape from the pressures of life?

For me, it's usually a beautiful landscape (either a garden like the one depicted above, or a forest like the ones I explored as a teenager, or a tropical beach like the one I relaxed on with my husband three years ago). And for reads, outside of the Psalms (from the Holy Bible) probably one of my all-time favorite reads would be The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

As you might have guessed I'm having an incredibly busy week (as was last week). I'm hoping to post a book review before the week's end, so stay tuned! And happy reading!

No comments: