Friday, October 8, 2010

Betsy-Tacy Reviews


I thought it might be useful to re-post the links to my reviews of the Betsy-Tacy books. That way newcomers to Maud Hart Lovelace's books have easy access to find out what these books are all about (most without any spoilers) and also why I love them so much.

Because I only just re-read the entire Betsy-Tacy series last year I won't be re-reading them this year. Instead I will be reading a few of the books by Maud that I have not previously read. Currently on my nightstand is The Tune is in the Tree. I hope to have a review posted early next week. Up next is a novel Maud wrote jointly with her husband, Delos titled, The Gentlemen From England.

A Library is a Hospital for the Mind: 2009 Reviews of the Betsy-Tacy series. To read a review click on the title. Note: The dates that follow each title are not the dates of publication, but the time period during which each story is set. The Betsy-Tacy books were published between 1940 and 1955.

Betsy-Tacy
(1897-1898)
Betsy, Tacy and Tib
(1900-1901)
Betsy and Tacy Go Over the Big Hill
(1902)
Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown
(1904-1905)
Heavens to Betsy
(1906-1907)
Betsy in Spite of Herself
(1907-1908)
Betsy Was a Junior
(1908-1909)
Betsy and Joe
(1909-1910)
Betsy and the Great World
(1914)
Betsy's Wedding
(1914-1917)

Check back next week for links to other Maud Hart Lovelace books including the Deep Valley books, which I WILL be holding an opportunity for two lucky participants to win!

No comments: