Consider that statement for a minute. Does it startle you or excite you? Does it make you worried or proud?
Scholastic has launched a new website: You Are What You Read where browsers can:
- Discover new books through an interactive web that shows how users’ Bookprints are connected.
- Find and connect with users across generations and from around the world to see the books in their Bookprints.
- Compare their Bookprints to those of the participating "Names You Know," and find out if they share a book in their Bookprint with famous athletes, award-winning entertainers, world-renowned scientists, or iconic business leaders.
- "Favorite" other books they like and check out what similar users enjoy reading.
- See which books have been chosen as Favorites from around the world Share a book in the real word through Pass It On, which encourages users to give a favorite book to a family member, a friend, or even a complete stranger.
- And Coming Soon: Users can join ongoing conversations about books and Bookprints in "Book Buzz," a live feed of comments, news, and reviews.
- 2010 Kids & Family Reading Report
- Get Your Own "You Are What You Read" Widget
- "You Are What You Read" Press Kit