Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's On My Nighstand: April 2011


I am late with this post, I know. I admit I completely lost track of time over the last two weeks as my family and I have faced two sudden trips within the span of a week and a half. But here I am, and in my opinion, better late than never!

In April I had some time to read, in fact I nearly completed reading all three books that were on my nightstand from last month's post! Give me the last two days in April and I think I stand a chance of finishing the last before the month's end. Not bad at all! I've already reviewed The Enchanted Wood, so watch for reviews of Known And Unknown: A Memoir and The Hollow in the coming weeks months.

Up next? Well, once I finish the last of my April reads I have two books by Dorothy L. Sayers that I need to read. I confess, while I LOVE mysteries my reading is lacking as I have never read anything by Sayers. Thanks to my book club I will soon remedy this. These two books: Gaudy Night and Are Women Human? were selected as "light" reading for our upcoming meeting. I think we all needed it after finishing A Tale of Two Cities.

 Once I finish these books I plan to pick up the first novel in Angela Thirkell's Barsetshire series. I've read two other books in the series, but out of order and I thought it best to start at the beginning when next I picked up Angela Thirkell.



And then, if time allows I will of course keep reading, but which books I have yet to determine. Perhaps some non-fiction, but considering my latest non-fiction read was 800 pages I think I am ready for a bit of a break.


What about you? What are you reading this month? Be sure to stop by 5 Minutes for Books to link up your own nightstand post or to you see what other bloggers are reading.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm making no predictions for this particular month. ;) We'll just see what happens.