I've been asked by a few people what my reading list will be for 2009. My answer has mostly been, "I'm still working on it." But the thing is this -- I tend to read by mood -- whatever book "sounds" good I read. The only exceptions would be books chosen for the book club I belong to and books I need to read in order to meet an online book challenge, although I try to match those with my mood whenever possible.
That being said... I've put together a top 10 list of books I plan to read in 2009 (in no particular order). As for the rest of the books... We're all in for a surprise.
1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
4. Nothing by the Truth by Avi
5. The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery
6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
7. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
8. The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett
9. The 101 Dalmations by Dodie Smith
10. Washington Burning by Lee Standiford
In addition I plan to read no less than 12 Agatha Christie mystery novels bringing my total read to 20 by 2010 with only 60 left. Also, I plan to finish reading the Anne series by Lucy Maud Montgomery.