UPDATE ON 6/6/09: THE SPRING BOOK SWAP IS NOW CLOSED. WATCH FOR A POST IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS LISTING THE MATCHES FOR OF ALL PARTICIPANTS.
The Spring Book Swap sign up is now open! Please review the rules before signing up. For more information about the Spring Book Swap click here. The sign up will close June 6, or after the 50th participant has joined. (Note: the Mr. Linky I normally use is down for maintenance, so please click on the button below, which will take you to the page to fill in your information.)
1. You should only sign up to participate in the book swap if you are actually willing to follow the rules. This means you are willing and able to respond within the set time-limits for the swap.
2. Once you sign up you will be matched with another participant. You initiate or respond to communications from your match concerning the books you will swap.
3. You must contact/respond to your match within one week of the sign-up ending and your match being made. You must have your book shipped to your match before the end of June.
4. You will select your favorite non-fiction book and mail it to your match and they will do likewise. Books can be mailed directly from an online source (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc.) or purchased at a store and then mailed personally by the participant.
5. Books should be in Excellent, Like New, or New condition unless you and your match agree to another condition. **Please note** We are not expecting you to give away your only copy, but to pick your book to swap and then go get a new copy (or if out of print, a copy in good or like new condition) and send that to your match.
6. Book swaps are permanent unless you and your match agree to another arrangement.
7. Only the first 50 participants will be included in the swap. If this swap is successful we may increase the number for future swaps.