The goal of the swap? To share much loved books with new found friends. During our Autumn book swap we invited participants to share an all-time favorite book with their swap-match. Then in the Winter swap participants shared their favorite children's book. This time around our theme is Non-fiction books (i.e. non-fiction, biographical, history, etc.) **NOTE: Participants should try to keep the books from being too dry or tome-like. Non-fiction can be fun to read and this is a great way to share a book you've read and enjoyed with another reader.
1. You should only sign up to participate in the book swap if you are actually willing to follow the rules. This means you are willing and able to respond within the set time-limits for the swap.
2. Once you sign up you will be matched with another participant. You initiate or respond to communications from your match concerning the books you will swap.
3. You must contact/respond to your match within one week of the sign-up ending and your match being made. You must have your book shipped to your match before the end of June.
4. You will select your favorite non-fiction book and mail it to your match and they will do likewise. Books can be mailed directly from an online source (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc.) or purchased at a store and then mailed personally by the participant.
5. Books should be in Excellent, Like New, or New condition unless you and your match agree to another condition. **Please note** We are not expecting you to give away your only copy, but to pick your book to swap and then go get a new copy (or if out of print, a copy in good or like new condition) and send that to your match.
6. Book swaps are permanent unless you and your match agree to another arrangement.
7. Only the first 50 participants will be included in the swap. If this swap is successful we may increase the number for future swaps.
How to join in? Come back on the 29th of May and link your blog up to the Mr. Linky we will be providing. Sign up will remain open for approximately 1 week (through June 6th) or until the first 50 participants are signed up, whichever comes first. So spread the word and be sure to check back here Friday, May 29.
In the meantime, spread the word! We invite you to copy our Book swap button and use it to link to this book swap from your blog.
If you have questions, please leave a comment and Carrie or I will get back to you as soon as possible.
(To view previous swaps please click on the Book Swap label.)