As part of my Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge, here at A Library is a Hospital for the Mind, I am giving away a complete set of Betsy-Tacy books. That's right, you could be the proud owner of the entire series (ten novels combined in seven books) from Betsy-Tacy to Betsy's Wedding, as published by HarperCollins Publishers.
What's more each book contains a forward written by 21st century authors (i.e. Judy Blume, Johanna Hurwitz, Ann M. Martin, Meg Cabot, etc.) who are fans of the series and have a special memory or connection to the books. These are fun to read and my favorite, at least from the glance I took, was the forward written by Ms. Hurwitz. In addition to the forwards there is a post script of sorts at the end of each book. This "post script" contains biographical information, fun facts, quotes, and photographs linking Maud and her friends and family in Mankato with her fictional counterpart, Betsy Ray and her friends and family in Deep Valley. Definitely a fun addition to the books.
So have I captured your interest? Here's what you need to do in order to enter the giveaway, participants must:
1. Be a resident of the United States.
2. Subscribe to A Library is a Hospital for the Mind (via google reader, bloglines, blogger, etc.)
3. Be a participant in the Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge (Join before October 10)
4. Not already own the Betsy-Tacy books.
5. Blog about the Betsy-Tacy books: why they are special to you, which is your favorite book and character in the series and why. Or if you've never read them please post how you first heard of the books and what appeals to you most about the series. (If you don't have a blog then leave your answer in the comments of this post with a way for me to contact you.)
6. Link that post to the Mr. Linky below no later than next Saturday, October 17th.
On Sunday, October 18th I will select the winner with the help of a random generator. Check back here later that day to find out who the winner is.
In closing, I would like to extend a very special thanks to Jennifer over at BookClubGirl for arranging the donation of all seven books to this reading challenge. I am truly honored to be asked to host this giveaway. (I am also really excited to see who wins!) I would also like to encourage each reader of this blog to check Jennifer's website. She's stocked it full of Betsy-Tacy information and I've found it to be a great resource and a fun read.