Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Five Favs

Unbelievable! I can't believe it's Friday again, it feels as though it was just Monday and I was lamenting how I had a whole week to get through until it was the weekend. But here we are, which brings me to my first favorite of this week...

1. Friday night. I love Friday evenings. In fact I love Fridays second only to Saturdays. Generally things are more laid back on Fridays, they are usually the day I get my household chores finished (cleaning, laundry, etc.) so that weekends are free for other activities. My goal being that I reach my Friday evening with a clean house and can then kick back and relax with my family. Fridays mark the start of a weekend when we get to spend time together. I love it.

2. My book club. This past Wednesday was the quarterly meeting of my book club. We met to discuss Thomas Hardy's Far From the Madding Crowd and to enjoy some delicious foods. I love the group of ladies I meet with. They are diverse in personalities and interests, but are all book lovers and always have something special to add to our discussions. Our club is different than many modern book clubs in that we stick to reading mostly classics, with a few exceptions. If you're looking for a club to discuss the latest fad read you won't find it in our club. Up next for our June meeting: Anthony Trollope's The Way We Live Now.

3. Book Discovery of the Week. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tullane by Kate Dicamillo. I remember seeing this book on the shelf a few years back and after enjoying The Tale of Desperaux I marked it as a book I'd like to read one day. That day came this week when I realized I had finished all the TBR on my nightstand and I had some time before my ILL book requests came in. It's a short read and my review is forthcoming, but suffice it to say I thoroughly enjoyed this children's story and look forward to reading it to my daughter in a couple years.


4. Song of the Week. Sweetly Broken by Jeremy Riddle.



5. The smell of Lilacs blooming. Yesterday I was watching a friend's children for her while she got some projects finished. I took the kids to the park and on the way we passed several lilac bushes. There's nothing quite like the smell of fresh flowers in bloom. I love spring.

That's my five favorites for this week. What about you? What did you read this week that you loved? What blessed you this week? Leave a comment or a link to your own post, I'd love to hear about your week. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That's such a cool teapot!

And yes, I'm with you, weekends where we get to spend them together as a family are THE BEST!

Hope you enjoy yours!