Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Saturday! And we have a winner!

It's Saturday AND it's the 23rd of the month and that means...

Semicolon's Saturday Review of Books. Each week readers and bloggers head to Semicolon's blog to link up their reviews for books they read in the previous week. I already linked up my review from this past week, have you? Join the 47+ bloggers and link up! Or head on over to see what other bloggers have to say about what they just finished reading.


Tomorrow is the October edition of the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Carnival! In addition to linking up blogger reviews of Agatha Christie's novels ACRCC highlights a particular blog each month. I was excited to learn earlier this week that yours truly, A Library is a Hospital for the Mind, has been chosen and will be highlighted in this month's ACRCC. In addition to this there will be a number of links to other bloggers' Agatha Christie reviews.

Didn't know about this reading challenge? Want to participate? If you have read a Christie novel and want to participate in the November carnival then head to the Carnival collection page to enter your blog link. I've been participating for over a year and I can honestly tell you it's a lot of fun.

Last, but certainly not least it's time to announce the winner for this week's Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge give-away.

This week the winner will receive Straight from the gift shop of the Betsy-Tacy Society -- a 3½" x 8½" "Betsy making lists" notepad!


And now, once again with thanks to Random.org and my husband's uneducated assistance we have have a winner. The winner this week is:


Congratulations Shari! Please email me your mailing address so I can get the notepad on your way.

For everyone else, thanks for participating! We have one final give-away, which I will post tomorrow. (Check back before the end of the day.)

I can hardly believe we're into the final week of October, which means we only have one more week of the Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge. Thank you all for participating, for sharing your thoughts, and spreading the world. Enjoy your reading this week! Don't forget to come back here throughout the week for my final MHLRC posts and on Sunday to link up your reviews or final posts.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I can't seem to find your email address. You can email me at shmflny@netsync.net Thanks so much for the prize!